Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pretzels and Macaroons - delicious!

Thank you God for another beautiful day of sunshine! Another day of exploring Zurich. We started off with a playgroup, then a quick trip to a department store near the Bahnhofstrasse. We didn’t think we’d be out so long today, so we were without snack for lunch, and left to buy a quick little nibble. This led me to my new favorite snack in Zurich… the soft pretzel with yummy goodness inside. As we were passing by a little lunch stand, I noticed these huge pretzels were sliced in half as a sandwich. I do love my pretzels, so I stopped and found a pretzel with Brie! Bread and cheese- yes please!


It was big enough for Ella and I to split, so we took it to a near by grassy square, right in the middle of Bahnhofstrasse (it’s ‘the place’ to be, all the money, all the bankers, ritzy shops line the street, great for people watching.) We devoured our new delicious treat, and Ella ran out her energy among the fountains and people – doing her little dances of ring around the rosy, making the proper Swiss people chuckle.
Then, with another quick stop at the carousel, off to the library. However, I got sidetracked by the thought of a delicious new chocolate shop that I had recently read about in MyKugelhopf.ch. Peclard, in Altstadt, is a darling tea and pastry shop that was recently remodeled and opened in March. I have fallen in love with macaroons, and that is exactly what we treated ourselves too. They are very popular here, very colorful, daintly and the perfect little sweet treat.




The lady behind the counter was very kind and humored our English, she let Ella pick out ‘the pink one, no the yellow one, no the pink one,’ and proceeded to tell me all the flavors so I could too, pick out the best one – caramel, oh so good! They also have a beautiful tea shop, and wall of jams and treats. Perfect!




2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I've read a previous post about Oktoberfest and Munich.
    I invit you, not by me because I don't leave over there, but to visit Munich during Xmass period. There's a very nice Xmass market in the English garden.
    Finally, automn is now here!! ;)
    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going to be able to follow your blog if you keep posting pictures of such yummy treats. How is my bakery down the street supposed to compete with such beautiful sights?!!! This is just mean! (so are the posts about Hefe by the way!)

    It's SO GREAT to see pics of you guys and catch up on your adventures!!!! XOXOjen

    ReplyDelete