Monday, December 28, 2009

Our perfect Snowy Saturday

The weather around Switzerland this weekend was predicted to be less than perfect for both mountain and city conditions. We were toying with the idea of a day trip to Lucerne, but the weatherman steered us away from any trips and advised to stay close to home, so that is just what we did. It was perfect.
While I was out running in the morning, my wonderful husband and daughter spent the time making me a darling Christmas card. Ella was so excited about it, she ran up to greet me when I came home, spilling all the details about their morning. I got an early Christmas present that morning! That one little card prompted a morning of crafting - give Ella a glue stick, some construction paper and some cut out shapes, and she has entertainment for the next few hours!



After cleaning up her works of art, we headed out to the park across the street for some play time in the snow. Little did we know, we ventured out during the heaviest part of the snowfall. Good thing we stayed close to home! The evening was spent sipping hot chocolate, watching the snow fall, and loving our quality family time - AT HOME! Enjoy the snow pics!




 


 



 


 




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this family picture!!!! Beautiful artwork, Ella!!! Glad it was a fantastically cozy weekend! those are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete