Wednesday, April 28, 2010

60 Miles of Support to Walk the 3Day Komen Race

Hello Family and Friends!

I did it! I have taken the plunge and signed up for something I've been wanting to do for the past five years. This year I have committed to walking 60 miles in 3 days to support of Komen 3-Day for the Cure to help find a cure for Breast Cancer!!! I will be walking next to survivors, families and other women in hope of finding a cure.

Really, 60 miles? Yep! Ever since I heard about this event, I was drawn to the ability the race has to foster a unity between the women, the supporters, the survivors, and the families all working to increase the quality of life for breast cancer patients. I love that Komen can gather thousands of women in cities across the US to come together and walk as one family to fight cancer. I love that my desire to walk has inspired a few friends to walk with me, support me, and might inspire others to join me in future years. I love that training to walk this race can put women on the right path to leading a healthier life style.

For five years I've said, "this is the year I'm walking," and then some unexpected craziness has gotten in the way. But I've decided that I'm not letting anything get in my path this time. (Not even living in another country!) I am walking this year to support all the women - and families - that have been affected by this awful disease. I am walking because I think finding a cure for our future generations is extremely important. And I am walking so that my daughter Ella can grow up to be a healthy woman in world that is closer to better treatments, medicines and a cure than we are today.   



        


Walking begins o
September 24-26, 2010, SEATTLE, WA

(courtesy of upi.com)

I can't do it alone, I need your help!  My goal is to raise $2,300 per team member to help Komen fight for a cure! I ask you to please help me walk out a cure by making donations for our team at: 
Every single donation helps to reach my goal! Even $10 goes a long way to support the cure!
 !!! THANK YOU !!!

Donations are tax deductible. If you donate on line you will receive your tax information almost immediately. And, if you donate online, you can donate in honor of your own loved one.
If for any reason you just aren’t comfortable donating online, please feel free to send a check made payable to Breast Cancer 3-Day. Contact me for the mailing address.

You can also help me expand my circle of friends by forwarding this page to your family, friends and co-workers!
----OR-----
You can come walk with me! Let me know if you're interested in joining Team Fillmore on this 60 mile journey!!!


MATCHING GIFTS:  Many companies (both large and small) offer employee matching gift programs so that when an employee makes a donation to a cause, the company will “match” that contribution with an equal (or greater) amount.  Do you work for a company that has a matching gift program?  If so, you could double your donation!  Ask your employer today!

Over the next 5 months I'll be posting updates of my donation progress, my training and the end result of walking the race. Keep up with me here as we all fight to walk out breast cancer!

Thank you to all of you for your continued support and generosity and for helping make this world a healthier place for our kids and grandkids!

Love, Kim







2 comments:

  1. OH YAY Kim!!!! Good for you!!! I'll definitely support you....probably won't be able to come to the race and "jump in" mid-race to tell you about the adventures the night before to 'kill' a few miles for you....only REALLY good friends do that when their buddy is in a long race ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think time has faded your memory - we only jumped in for a few feet with flip-flops on!

    ReplyDelete