Friday, July 2, 2010

60 Mile Komen Update!

Hello Family and Friends!

It's been a long and busy few months after officially signing up to walk for Komen, so I wanted to send you all a very belated update of my training progress and how things are shaping up for us!

A big change for me - I am still walking the 60 miles and working to raise funds for Komen, but I'll be walking in San Francisco instead of Seattle. Turns out, the logistics of getting Ella and myself up to Portland, then to Seattle for this event was just too much. Now, walking in SF, I can still support this amazing cause, stay close to home and John and Ella can come out to cheer me on!

To all of you amazing people that have so gratefully donated money to the Komen cause -THANK YOU! Not to worry, your money was transferred right over to my SF account!

Training- Between John's work travels, our family weekend travels and our moving planning, keeping a set walking/training time is tough. However, when we're traveling on the weekends, we're walking and walking and walking! I've even been carrying Ella on my back during our trips so I can build up more strength for the 60 mile walk. I figure after touring multiple cities for 2-3 days in a row on the weekends, I'm off to a good start. On top of that, I'm continuing to run and cross train in the mornings to keep up my energy. Of course, we're walking all over Zurich on a regular basis. If walking the hills in Zurich isn't good training for SF, then I'm in big trouble!
My recent multi-city 'training' schedule has included Lyon, France; Munich, Germany; Mt. Pilatus, Switzerland; and Fussen, Germany. We have had such an enjoyable time out here, and feel so lucky to be able to explore such beautiful countries on just a weekend getaway!

We are headed back to the US in August where we get to spend some time in Portland before moving down to SF. We can't wait! We will also be re-united with our dog Sierra, which means, I'll have a running/walking buddy again!


I am still working to reach my fund-raising goal. At this point, I've raised over $700 (hooray!), and I'm working to reach $2300! Thank you to all that have donated thus far!
You can check out my Komen page and make donations through the link below.

Every single donation helps to reach my goal! Even $10 goes a long way to support the cure!
 !!! THANK YOU !!!

Donations are tax deductible. If you donate on line you will receive your tax information almost immediately. And, if you donate online, you can donate in honor of your own loved one.
If for any reason you just aren’t comfortable donating online, please feel free to send a check made payable to Breast Cancer 3-Day. Contact me for the mailing address.

MATCHING GIFTS:  Many companies (both large and small) offer employee matching gift programs so that when an employee makes a donation to a cause, the company will “match” that contribution with an equal (or greater) amount.  Do you work for a company that has a matching gift program?  If so, you could double your donation!  Ask your employer today!


You can also help me expand my circle of friends by forwarding this page to your family, friends and co-workers!
----OR-----

You can come walk with me, I'd LOVE the company!

     
Over the remaining 3 months I'll work to do a much better job of posting of my donation progress, my training and the end result of walking the race. Keep up with me here as we all fight to walk out breast cancer!

Thank you to all of you for your continued support and generosity and for helping make this world a healthier place for our kids and grandkids!

Love, Kim
  


Walking begins on:
October 1-3, 2010, San Francisco, CA

1 comment:

  1. Hi John!

    Congratulations, you've won my Poor Girl Gourmet Giveaway on Under the High Chair!!
    Please contact me ASAP with your mailing address and your cookbook will be shipped!

    ReplyDelete